UT faculty affiliated with the Marco Institute for Medieval and Renaissance Studies are invited to apply for funds to support their scholarship. Appropriate uses include travel to scholarly conferences to present papers; travel to archives or libraries with unique materials unavailable at UT; and research supplies in the form of microfilms of manuscripts (materials purchased will remain the property of the Institute).
Instructions for applying:
Please submit a letter outlining the details of your travel request, including the following (as relevant):
- Your name and department
- Details of your travel
- Proposed dates and location(s) of travel
- Reason for going (e.g. presenting a conference paper; conducting archival research)
- Title of your paper
- Name of conference/seminar/colloquium, sponsoring institution
- Detailed budget, including amount that you are requesting from Marco
- Include names of other departments/organizations that you are requesting money from, and amounts that you are asking from each.
Important reminders about university-supported travel:
- Travel authorization must be obtained prior to departure. NOTE: It is the traveler’s responsibility to get authorization from their home department.
- Hotel costs must be within the government CONUS rate for the city in question. If your hotel is over that amount, you must include documentation of the conference hotel rate. Otherwise, you will only be reimbursed up to the CONUS amount for the stay.
- The hotel receipt must be in the traveler’s name. If you share a room, ask the hotel to split your bill and print a copy showing your portion.
- Meal costs are reimbursed up to the CONUS amounts approved for each meal (breakfast, lunch, dinner); food expenses beyond the daily CONUS rate will not be reimbursed.
- All receipts must be itemized (list items purchased) and show method of payment (e.g. cash, last 4 digits of credit card).
Click here to view the full UT travel policy. Direct questions to Marco’s Program Coordinator or your home department’s travel specialist.